Christina Hixson, Robert Mendenhall and Kevin Orrock were inducted into the Nevada Business Hall of Fame by the UNLV Lee Business School. Hixson is sole trustee of the Lied Foundation Trust. Since Ernst Lied’s death in 1980, Hixson has overseen philanthropic contributions to numerous educational institutions and community organizations, including the Lied Library, Ernst F. Lied Golf Scholarship, Lied Institute for Real Estate Studies and Lied Athletic Complex. Mendenhall is founder of Las Vegas Paving Corp. He holds 47 U.S. patents, and his research on processes and equipment for the recycling of asphalt pavement contributed to the completion of America’s first recycled freeway in 1975. Orrock is president of Summerlin and vice president of master planned communities for The Howard Hughes Corp. Orrock’s expertise and leadership in financial operations and land development helped make Summerlin one of the country’s most successful master-planned communities.
The Henderson Police Officers’ Association elected its 2015 executive board. Ken Kerby is president, Chris White is vice president, Stephen Bryan is secretary and Seth VanBeveren is treasurer. Trustees are Rob Thomas, Kevin LaPeer, Doug Lynaugh, Gus Leigh and Barry Courtney.
Liam MacCall is events manager at the South Point Arena and Equestrian Center.
Cody Wingert is a project coordinator for Grand Canyon Development Partners, a construction and real estate development management company.
Tiffany Couture Cleaners, owned by Dan and Judy Del Rossi, built a new plant at 5981 McLeod Drive, Las Vegas. The facility is not open to the public. Drop-off and pick-up locations remain at 953 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, and 9516 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas.
Antonia Genov is social media manager and Melanie Shafer is public relations supervisor at Quillin Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media.
Savannah Bruner and Jam Nicole Cristobal are public relations specialists, Tana Shivers is director and Lauren Silverstein is public relations manager at Preferred Public Relations.
Julie Wagner is senior vice president at Nevada State Bank, overseeing nine branch loan specialists.
Vegas PBS and the University of Nevada School of Medicine launched the Desert Meadows Area Health Education Center to recruit and retrain health care providers and promote health and wellness. Cary Huddleston is the workforce training and economic development coordinator.
Jane Trevorah is a nurse practitioner at Southwest Medical’s Tenaya Health Care Center, 2704 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas. She specializes in obstetrics/gynecology.
The Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors and Young Professionals network of Las Vegas announced their 40 Under 40: William Alt of Wynn Realty Group, Lianna Alvarez of Urban Nest Realty, Anthony Ard of Coldwell Banker Premier, Mahsheed Barghisavar of Realty One Group, Jillian Batchelor of Wynn Realty Group, Shawn Cunningham of Re/Max Advantage, Amber DeLillo of Urban Nest Realty, Stephanie Dibbs of Luxe Estates & Lifestyles, Darwin Dizon of Pordes Residential Sales and Marketing, Matt Farnham of Crown Point Realty, Jim Fong of Keller Williams Realty Southwest, Karina Giraldo of Northcap Residential, Christin Griffin of Realty One Group, Shay Hasselmann of Keller Williams Realty Las Vegas, Randy Hatada of Xpand Realty and Property Management, Ashley Hawks of Black and Cherry Real Estate Group and Property Management, Graham Irving of Award Realty, Azim Jessa of Urban Nest Realty, Sara Jessa of Urban Nest Realty, Kameron Kildea of Coldwell Banker Premier, Anthony Knight of Keller Williams Realty Southwest, Geoffrey W. Lavell of Realty One Group, Joseph Lee of eProNet Realty, Omar Lopez of BHHS Nevada Properties, Melissa Machat of BHHS Nevada Properties, Holly Marquardt of All Vegas Valley Realty, Helder Mejia of King of Condos, Heather Mongie of Signature Real Estate Group, Alese Morrow of Urban Nest Realty, Linda Naw of Re/Max Benchmark Realty, Kristi Panozzo of Keller Williams Realty Las Vegas, Krystal Sherry of Hudson Real Estate, Jessie Sorani of Coldwell Banker Premier, Andy Stahl of Strategic Realty, Craig Tann of BHHS Nevada Properties, Alynn Thompson of Windermere Prestige Properties, Dave J. Tina of Urban Nest Realty, Pete Torsiello of Signature Real Estate Group, Sandy Van of Simply Vegas and Zar Zanganeh of Luxe Estates and Lifestyles.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE AWARDS
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, announced winners of the 18th annual Spotlight Awards.
Industry Award category winners:
• Architecture Firm of the Year: JMA Architecture Studios
• Brokerage Firm of the Year: Colliers International
• Engineering Firm of the Year: Walker Engineering
• Financial Firm of the Year: Bank of Nevada
• General Contracting Firm of the Year: Martin-Harris Construction
• Principal Firm of the Year: Harsch Investment Properties
• Developing Leader: Steve Nelger
• Broker of the Year — Retail: Jason Otter, Equity Group
• Broker of the Year — Industrial: Higgins and Toft team, Voil Real Estate Services
• Broker of the Year — Office: Randy Broadhead, Brad Peterson, Darren Lemon, Amy Lance, CBRE
• Principal Member of the Year: Jeff Foster
• Associate Member of the Year: Jennifer Levine
• Spirit of Spotlight: Sallie Doebler
• Trendsetter Firm: Prologis
• Lifetime Achievement: Frank Martin
Project Honor Award winners:
• Sustainable/Green Building: Vadatech corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility
• Tenant improvements - Retail/Entertainment: Brooklyn Bowl
• Tenant Improvements - Small: Mainor Wirth Injury Lawyers
• Tenant Improvements - Medium: McDonald Carano Wilson
• Tenant Improvements - Large: Barclaycard call center
• Public Use/Government: Nevada System of Higher Education Southern Nevada headquarters
• Redevelopment Project: SLS Las Vegas
• Mixed-use Development: Downtown Container Park
• Retail Building: Las Vegas Harley-Davidson
• Industrial Building: Carpenters Union International training center
• Office Building: EVAPS Law Office core and shell
• NAIOP Works: Vadatech corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility