Michele Grierson is senior project manager and Nancy Mayorga is assistant project manager at Burke Construction Group.
Rob Kunkle is president, and Craig Cavileer is CEO of the Silverton.
Saul Reibstein, CFO of Penn National Gaming, announced his retirement. His position is being temporarily filled by William Fair, previously Penn’s executive vice president and chief development officer.
Aviva Gordon, principal of Gordon Law, is chairwoman of the 2016-17 Henderson Chamber of Commerce legislative committee. The committee works with the chamber’s lobbyist to convey the voice of Southern Nevada’s business community to state representatives during the legislative session.
Erin Barnett is vice president and deputy general counsel of Affinity Gaming.
Ivan Flores Merino is the chief brand officer of Kre8 Media Outdoor Advertising.
Kevin Eberle is the Las Vegas Philharmonic education director.
ABB Lighting changed its name to Above All Lighting. Guy Esposito was promoted to president. Hector Gannon is vice president of sales and Paul Schooley is serving as director of national accounts.
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican’s San Martín campus was the first hospital in Nevada and 55th nationally to use the Rhythmia Mapping System, a high-resolution 3-D mapping and navigation solution for complex heart issues. The procedure was performed in October by Dr. Arjun Gururaj to treat a patient with ventricular tachycardia, a condition in which the heart beats too fast. Dignity’s Siena campus received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award for 2016, and the campus received the Silver Performance Achievement Award. It also earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.
Leadership Henderson named Leena Patel as facilitator for its Class of 2017. Patel has been a longtime business/professional trainer to Celine Dion, Cirque du Soleil and Steve Wynn Productions. She is also an adviser to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and an executive board member of Uniting for Peace.
The Nevada Department of Veterans Services, Nevada Volunteers and the Corporation for National and Community Service launched “Nevada Vet Corp,” a veterans outreach program.
Goodwill of Southern Nevada opened its second Déjà Blue Boutique, located at 10624 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson.
Martin-Harris Construction received a Trendsetter award at the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Business Excellence Awards.
Majestic Realty Co. began construction on a 295,500-square-foot speculative warehouse distribution center at its Beltway Business Park at the intersection of Jones Boulevard and Badura Avenue.
The Boulevard Mall, owned by Sansome Cos., spent $1.4 million on security improvements and upgrades, including more and brighter LED lights, a strategic landscaping overhaul and additional security personnel.
Shapiro & Sher Group opened a Henderson office at 3185 St. Rose Parkway.
Construction began on Credit One Bank’s new corporate headquarters at 6801 S. Cimarron Road, Las Vegas.
Construction began on the Jones Beltway Business Park, a 16,500-square-foot office development comprised of two buildings on 1.93 acres. Nevada General Construction is the contractor, Encompass Studio is the architect, Chase Bank is providing project financing, Civil Works is the civil engineer, Henriksen Butler is the furniture vendor and MDL Group is the developer and owner-occupant.
FirstService Residential is providing community association management services for Newport Lofts Homeowners’ Association and Montara Estates Homeowners Association.
The D Las Vegas opened Coffee Stand at the D, serving coffee from Michigan-based Zingerman’s Coffee Co.
The Grant a Gift Autism Foundation and UNLV School of Medicine opened the UNLV Medicine Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Solutions.
UNLV and Lockheed Martin signed an agreement for faculty and students in the Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering to provide work related to NASA’s Orion program and additional space exploration projects. The contract is worth up to $5M for UNLV and stems from the college’s work with NASA on their Mentor-Protege program.
Towbin Motorcars broke ground on Ferrari Maserati of Las Vegas. The 10,000-square-foot space will join Towbin Motorcars’ existing 45,000-square-foot showroom to become the biggest ultra-luxury/exotic automobile complex in Nevada.
RH Las Vegas, the Gallery at Tivoli Village opened at 340 S. Rampart Blvd. The 60,000-square-foot store offers home furnishings.
Desert Radiology opened a location at 6675 S. Cimarron Road, Suite 105, Las Vegas.
• • •
Nineteen members of the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors earned appointments to leadership positions with the National Association of Realtors:
• David J. Tina, GLVAR 2017 president and member of NAR board of directors
• Scott Beaudry, GLVAR 2017 immediate past president; member at large, data strategies committee; and member of NAR board of directors
• Chris Bishop, GLVAR 2017 president-elect; state representative, membership policy and board jurisdiction committee; and member of NAR board of directors
• Thomas Blanchard, GLVAR 2017 treasurer-elect; regional representative, housing opportunity committee; and member of NAR board of directors
• Kathryn Bovard, former GLVAR vice president; large-firm representative on the NAR board of directors; and member at large, professional standards committee
• Janet Carpenter, GLVAR 2016 treasurer; state representative, broker involvement council; and regional representative, idea exchange council for brokers
• Amber DeLillo, GLVAR 2017 director, member at large, consumer communications committee
• Wendy DiVecchio, GLVAR director of operations, member at large, AEC-RCE certification advisory board
• Soozi Jones Walker, CCIM and SIOR, GLVAR 2016 director and 2016 Commercial Alliance Las Vegas president; vice chair, commercial committee; vice chair, commercial economic issues and trends forum; affiliate representative, commercial real estate research advisory board; and vice chair, research committee
• Heidi Kasama, former GLVAR president, member at large, federal taxation committee and public policy coordinating committee
• Keith Kelley, former GLVAR president, member and immediate past chair, state and local issues mobilization support committee
• Kolleen Kelley, former GLVAR president and 2016 GLVAR director, member and immediate past chair, risk management issues committee
• Patty Kelley, former GLVAR president, state representative, RPAC major investor council
• Keith Lynam, former GLVAR president, state representative, RPAC participation council; and council representative, RPAC trustees fundraising committee
• Bobbi Miracle, CCIM and SIOR, former CALV president; affiliate representative, business issues policy committee, commercial real estate research advisory board, and professional standards committee
• Linda Rheinberger, former GLVAR and NVAR president; state representative, housing opportunity committee
• Leroy “Buck” Schaeffel, former GLVAR director; member at large, conventional financing and policy committee
• David R. Tina, former GLVAR president and 2016 NAR president; vice chair, broker involvement council
• Jack Woodcock, former GLVAR president, state-allocated director on the NAR board of directors; regional representative, credentials and campaign rules committee; member at large, large commercial firms advisory group; and state representative, Realtor party member involvement committee.
• • •
The Southern Nevada Certified Commercial Investment Member chapter’s executive officers and board of directors for 2017 are helmed by Phillip Dunning of Colliers International as president. Other members are:
• Chris McGarey, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services — president-elect
• Adam Gregory, Commcap Advisors — treasurer/secretary
• Jarrad Katz, MDL Group — immediate past president
• Robin Civish, ROI Commercial Real Estate
• Drew Levy, ERA Brokers Consolidated
• Melissa Campanella, Logic Commercial Real Estate
• Cathy Jones, Sun Commercial Real Estate
• Eric Larkin, NAI Las Vegas
• Chris Richardson, Logic Commercial Real Estate
• Stacy Scheer, Colliers International
• Jennifer Ott, ROI Commercial Real Estate
• Eric Molfetta, Colliers International
• Salina Ramirez, Commercial Executives