Nicole Musolino is a public relations assistant at Imagine Communications.
Wells Fargo expanded its technology and life sciences focus in the southwest, adding local, dedicated coverage for the bank’s Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico technology and life sciences customers. Saba Basha is responsible for relationship development and driving the expansion.
The Nevada Association of Realtors named Greg Martin of Elko as its Realtor of the Year. Its newly elected officers for 2018, led by president Heidi Kasama, include: president-elect Keith Lynam of Las Vegas, vice president William Process of Sparks; and treasurer Diane Brown of Incline Village, and immediate past president Greg Martin of Elko.
Jeanne McMillian Abraham joined the board of the Nevada Association of Employers.
Todd Parmelee is Golden Entertainment’s vice president of food and beverage operations.
Zachary Laney received the Las Vegas Business Academy’s UNLV Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering fellowship, where he will help improve our community’s cybersecurity systems.
Gina Yager launched Gina Yager Creative, a public relations, marketing and special events company.
The 2017 honorees of Las Vegas HEALS’ Inspired Excellence in Healthcare Awards include: Dr. Chowdhury Ahsan, UMC; Dr. Mary Ann K. Allison, Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada; Shelley Berkley, Touro University Nevada; Dr. Anashu Shah, Steinberg Diagnostic Medical Imaging; Dr. Troy Watson, Desert Orthopaedic Center; and Carolyn Yucca, UNLV.
Faisal Khan is GLI’s director of engineering. He oversees regulatory responsibilities while providing leadership and strategy to engineering and technical teams.
Caroline Thomas is head of community development and Dale Everett is general manager for Opendoor in Las Vegas.
The American Gaming Association’s Gaming Hall of Fame’s Class of 2017 is: Diana Bennett, casino management luminary and philanthropist; John Breeding, who was behind the electronic card shuffler and proprietary table games; Joe Kaminkow, the slot game designer who pioneered the industry in licensing branded games; and Melvin B. Wolzinger, a prominent Nevada businessman and Las Vegas community leader.
Hallmark Homecare opened in Las Vegas. The caregiver search, recruitment, and placement company is directed by Jennifer Florendo, franchise partner.
Henderson Mayor Debra March is serving on the Governing Institute’s Women in Government Leadership Program Class of 2018. March is one of 25 new participants selected for the yearlong program designed to promote and support elected women leaders.
Mike Plante is captain of strategy for the Las Vegas Film Festival. For nearly 25 years, Plante has worked as a programmer for film festivals, and continues to serve as senior programmer for short films at the Sundance Film Festival.
The Nevada Hospital Association board of directors for 2017-18 is: chairman Robert Freymuller, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center CEO; vice chairman Jason Bleak, Grover C. Dils Medical Center CEO; immediate past chairman Alan Olive, Northern Nevada Medical Center CEO; treasurer Chris Bosse, Renown Health vice president of government affairs; secretary Bill M. Welch, Nevada Hospital Association president/CEO. Other NHA board members include Sam Billig, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Henderson CEO; Susan Davila, Desert View Hospital CEO; Leonard Freehof, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center CEO; Helen Lidholm, St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center CEO; Tom Mangione, Southern Hills Hospital Medical Center; Erik Olson, Renown Regional Medical Center CEO; Melodie Osborn, Renown Health nurse executive; Adam Rudd, Southern Hills Hospital Medical Center CEO; Steve Shell, Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital CEO; Todd Sklamberg, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center CEO; and Mason VanHouweling, University Medical Center CEO.
Rhonda Kobylecky joined the National Child and Adult Care Food Program Sponsors Association board of directors through September 2020. Kobylecky serves as the director of food services for Acelero, a multistate Head Start organization serving approximately 5,000 children.
Kent Dail is the executive clinical director of Oasis Counseling.
Dr. Caleb Pinegar joined Crovetti Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. Pinegar specializes in the evaluation, treatment and prevention of athletic injuries, as well as degenerative conditions of the shoulder, knee and elbow.
Henderson is using a $63,000 Department of Homeland Security grant to augment the city’s cybersecurity program. The city purchased a security service that monitors for any city activity on the internet or on the darknet, as well as monitor the activity of city vendors or partners. The city is extending the monitoring service to vendors and partners as those businesses often handle customer data.
UNLV took top honors in U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of the nation’s most diverse universities for undergraduates.
The Nevada State Veterans Home in Boulder City is a 2017 HealthInsight Quality Award recipient.
MountainView Hospital received accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education for its Emergency Medicine residency program for 32 residents. The Sunrise Health GME Consortium Emergency Medicine Residency Program at MountainView Hospital will have eight positions available the first year, with the first Emergency Medicine residents joining MountainView in July 2018. This accreditation brings the total number of residency positions available at the hospital, among its accredited graduate programs, to 141 positions.
La Flor de Michoacán is open at Texas Station.
The Nevada Excellence in Mine Reclamation Awards for 2017 were presented at the annual Nevada Mining Association Convention. Honorees were:
• Comstock Mining Inc. received an award for Abandoned Mine Lands Hazard Mitigation for its work in rebuilding of State Route 342 and reclamation of historic mine features near Gold Hill in the historic Comstock District in Storey County.
• Kinross Bald Mountain Mine received an award for Concurrent Reclamation and Wildlife Habitat Restoration for its work in mine site reclamation and mule deer migration corridor in White Pine County.
• Newmont Mining Corp. received an award for Leadership in Conservation Planning for its work in developing the Conservation Framework Agreement, which covers 1.5 million acres of sage grouse habitat in Northern Nevada.
• Newmont Exploration received an award for Concurrent Exploration Reclamation for its work at the Chevas and High Desert exploration projects in Elko County.
Winners of the 2017 Southern Nevada Landscape Awards include:
• Water Smart Conversion Award: Hebberd residence, design by homeowner
• Award of Excellence: Hardin residence, design by homeowner
• Award of Excellence: Zamora residence, professional design and maintenance by Trident Landscape
• Award of Excellence: Martin residence, professional design by Attanasio Landscape Architecture
• Award of Excellence - Linn Mills Community Garden Award: Mabel Hoggard Magnet School garden
• Award of Distinction: Bradford residence, professional design and maintenance by Schilling Horticulture
• Award of Distinction: Mann residence, professional design by Schilling Horticulture
• Award of Distinction: RTC UNLV, maintenance by Green Images