W. West Allen of Howard & Howard Attorneys is a recipient of the Federal Bar Association’s 2016 President’s Award. Allen was selected for extraordinary service, commitment and guidance to the association and its government relations committee.
Tim Frawley and Jason Beard have joined Locum Integration, an IT program management and IT technology consulting company. Frawley is a former MGM chief technology officer and Beard is a former Caesars Entertainment director. Locum launched On Demand PMO, which provides IT staff on an as-needed basis.
Leighton Koehler joined Dickinson Wright as of counsel. He focuses his practice on tax controversy, estate planning and business services.
United World Sports promoted Jon Hinkin to tournament director. Hinkin has been involved in the growth of the USA Sevens since its inception. The 2017 USA Sevens will be at Sam Boyd Stadium in March.
Dr. James Carpenter, an eye and cosmetic specialist, has been named to the Nevada Athletic Commission. Carpenter replaces Pat Lundvall.
Southern Nevada lenders were recognized by the Nevada Housing Division with several awards:
• Fannie Mae MVP: Pierre La Pres, Cornerstone Home Lending
• Homeownership for Heroes: Freedom Mortgage
• Home is Possible MVP: Becca Green, Guild Mortgage
• Home is Possible Hall of Fame: Scott Reynolds, Evergreen Moneysource Mortgage Co.
• Home is Possible MVL (Most Valuable Lender), presented by US Bank and NHD: Guild Mortgage, Security National Mortgage Co., Supreme Lending
Morimoto Las Vegas is open at MGM Grand. The restaurant is helmed by “Iron Chef America’s” Masaharu Morimoto.
At the UNLV Harrah Hotel College’s 12th annual Vallen Dinner of Distinction, hotel franchise and development executives Tim and Mike Muir were named Harrah Hotel College Hospitality Industry Leaders of the Year. Gaming executive Tom Jingoli is the college’s 2016 Alumnus of the Year.
Hawthorn Grill is open at JW Marriott Las Vegas, 221 N. Rampart Blvd. Chef Joseph Swan is executive room chef, Christian Umlauf is general manager and JW Marriott Las Vegas’ executive pastry chef, Jeremy Choo, will oversee the sweet side of Hawthorn Grill. Blau + Associates served as consultants on the project.
Treasure Island is adding 12,500 square feet to its existing conference and meeting facilities. The $6.5 million expansion is set to open early this year, bringing TI’s convention space to more than 30,000 square feet.
Boulevard Invest, owners of Miracle Mile Shops, completed the sale of the center to an affiliate of Institutional Mall Investors, a co-investment venture owned by Miller Capital Advisory Inc. and CalPERS.
Accurate Building Maintenance earned the Cleaning Industry Management Standard Green Building Certification with Honors by demonstrating a commitment to the delivery of environmentally preferable services designed to meet customer needs and expectations.
The City of Henderson Public Works, Parks and Recreation Department has been reaccredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies for the third time. It is one of 141 CAPRA-accredited agencies in the country.
Growth Luxury Homes launched in Las Vegas with the introduction of two homes in Southern Highlands.
Colliers International Las Vegas represented Panattoni Development Co. on a $66.5 million office facility sale to Griffin Capital Essential Asset REIT II.
Ascaya has begun construction on an 8,678-square-foot Inspiration Home designed by Hoogland Architecture. It is the fifth Inspiration Home for Ascaya and the first designed locally.
Sin City Brewing Co. opened at Grand Bazaar Shops, 3635 Las Vegas Blvd. South. It’s the local brewery’s fourth location.
The+Source opened its second location, at 9480 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 185, Henderson.
Plasticard Locktech International, a keycard manufacturer and gift and loyalty card specialty printer, added a third shift that is bringing up to 75 new jobs to its 300-employee workforce in North Las Vegas. The company launched a sustainable product made of chalk, the PLI-Nu eCard, that will serve as an environmentally friendly alternative to PVC plastic keycards, gift cards and other products. Also, Plasticard acquired PSA, a closed-loop card manufacturer. The addition increases PLI’s workforce nationwide from 700 employees to more than 1,000 and doubles the PLI production space from 300,000 to 450,000 square feet.
South Point signed a five-year deal with Stotz Equipment to convert the property’s equipment to John Deere products.
The Alto Bar opened at Caesars Palace.
Henderson Hospital is open at 1050 W. Galleria Drive.
Valley hospitals received top rankings from rating agency Healthgrades for select surgical procedures:
• Bariatric surgery: North Vista Hospital
• Hysterectomies: Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center; Valley Hospital Medical Center
• Pacemaker procedures: North Vista Hospital
• Total knee replacement: Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Rose de Lima Campus; Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Siena Campus; Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – San Martin Campus; Mountainview Hospital; Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center; Summerlin Hospital Medical Center; Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center; University Medical Center of Southern Nevada; Valley Hospital Medical Center
• Coronary artery bypass graft: Mountainview Hospital; Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center; Valley Hospital Medical Center
• Total hip replacement: Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Rose de Lima Campus; Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – San Martin Campus: Mountainview Hospital; Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center: Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center; Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
• Esophageal/stomach surgeries: Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Rose de Lima Campus; Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – San Martin Campus
• Colorectal surgeries: Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Rose de Lima Campus
• Caesarian section delivery: Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican – Siena Campus; Valley Hospital Medical Center; Summerlin Hospital; Spring Valley Hospital
ER at The Lakes – a department of Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center — is open at 3325 S. Fort Apache Road.
Service King partnered with iCollision and opened its seventh Las Vegas repair center at 6905 W. Charleston Blvd.