Clean the World
- 3111 S. Valley View Blvd. Suite L 115
- Las Vegas, NV 89102
Clean the World’s mission is to:
- Collect and recycle soap and hygiene products discarded by the hospitality industry and other sectors that generate environmental waste.
- Distribute these and other products to impoverished people, prevent hygiene-related deaths, reduce the morbidity rate or hygiene-related illnesses, and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Clean the World’s goal is to eliminate hygiene-related deaths worldwide. Approximately 2.2 million children under the age of 5 die every year from these diseases. Studies show that handwashing with soap can cut that death rate by 50 percent or more.
You can support Clean the World by hosting a hygiene kit event, making a monetary donation, giving the gift of your volunteer time, or joining us on a humanitarian excursion. Joining one of these collaborative fundraisers brings you closer to the mission and brings the mission to people across the globe. The funds you raise for Clean the World helps us collaborate with global health organizations, operate our outcome-based health programs, sustain our impact through microloans, respond to crises and disasters, and meet the needs in our own back yard.
Volunteers at Clean the World sort soap and bottled amenities collected from hotels. Soap is recycled into new, sanitary soap bars, and bottled items are repurposed for use in Clean the World hygiene kits. Volunteering at Clean the World is appropriate for kids as well as adults. Volunteers must be at least 8 years old. Children ages 8 through 15 require supervision by a parent or guardian. A signed liability waiver is required for all participants regardless of age. Volunteer opportunities are available Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Also by appointment on the second or third Saturday of each month.
Here are some of the compelling reasons why Clean the World is an excellent beneficiary of your gift:
- More than 2.2 million children die each year from hygiene- and sanitation-related illnesses. Hand washing with soap is the most effective way to prevent those deaths.
- $10 a month provides ongoing access to soap and handwashing education to a classroom of students in Kenya.
- $25 a month serves an orphanage in somewhere like Honduras.
- $50 a month serves a homeless shelter here in the US.
Monetary donations are accepted online, in-person and through the mail, you may specify a program of choice or provide general gifts to meet immediate needs. Clean the World gratefully accepts soap donations collected through community soap drives. We also have an ongoing need for office supplies and operational items. For details, please contact Clean the World at [email protected].
Clean the World works in the health and hygiene sector, providing soap and hygiene education to areas that lack these essential components of disease prevention.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
American Cleaning Institute
The Americas at IDeaS Revenue Solutions
Las Vegas Sands Corp.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Professional speaker, author