A settlement has been reached in a trademark lawsuit involving competing burlesque shows in Las Vegas.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame Inc. is organizing the annual Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend event at the Orleans casino June 2-5.
It filed suit last month in federal court in Las Vegas against promoters of the Sassy Lassy Burlesque Show at the Plaza casino June 3-4.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame complained in the lawsuit that it owns the Sassy Lassy trademarks, named for a nightclub in San Pedro, Calif., near Long Beach.
Under the settlement, defendants including Frederic Apcar Jr., Frederic Apcar Productions and Luke Littell will call their production at the Plaza the “Dixie Evans Burlesque Show,” after burlesque icon Dixie Evans.
The lawsuit said Evans was instrumental in preserving the art and heritage of burlesque and the Burlesque Hall of Fame Museum that had been launched by Sassy Lassy owner and performer Jennie Lee prior to Lee's death in 1990.
“Now burlesque patrons can enjoy not one, but two wonderful burlesque showcases in the fabulous city of Las Vegas,” Apcar said in a statement issued by attorneys for both sides in the dispute Friday.
Burlesque Hall of Fame board member Laura Herbert said in the statement, "It’s wonderful that we can celebrate the artistry of burlesque by seeing the wonderful performers and practitioners of the art in two settings here in Las Vegas."