Michael Gagnon is executive director of HealtHIE Nevada, the statewide health information exchange managed by HealthInsight.
Jordan Seager is general manager, Blaire Dela Cruz is vice president of hospitality and Bing O’Peek is vice president of finance at Lucky Dragon.
Amy Matthews joined the Nevada Association of Employers to spearhead its human resources services and business development initiatives in Southern Nevada.
Michael Borello is Bank of America’s small business banking manager for the Las Vegas and Reno markets.
Gregory Lovato is administrator of the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection.
Jenna Lamb opened a Nothing Bundt Cakes franchise at 7155 S. Rainbow Blvd. Lamb is the daughter of Nothing Bundt Cakes co-founder Debbie Shwetz.
Lauren Wanco opened a Filta franchise. Filta provides fryer management services for restaurants and other commercial-type kitchens.
Raymond Champagne is senior IT director at 411 Locals, an internet advertising agency. Emanuel Oncu is affiliate division manager.
Dr. Khadijeh “Homa” Anooshehpoor is the food and nutrition division administrator at the Nevada Department of Agriculture.
Kellie Stewart is an assistant account executive at Trosper Communications.
Leonard Bergman, president and CEO of Bergman Walls & Associates, and James Horvath, BWA vice president, were elected to join the Las Vegas chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
Dr. Karleen Adams is Nathan Adelson Hospice’s medical director.
Gov. Brian Sandoval appointed Sandra Douglass Morgan to the Nevada Athletic Commission and named former lieutenant governors Brian Krolicki and Bob Cashell to the Nevada Tourism Commission.
Harold Wickham is the Nevada Department of Corrections deputy director of operations.
Christina Vela is executive director of St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.
Nevada Assemblywoman Ellen Spiegel, D-Henderson, was appointed by the Council of State Governments West to two of its standing committees: Health and Human Services, and Canada Relations.
Touro University Nevada student Vanessa Halvorsen was elected as the student representative to the American Osteopathic Association’s board of trustees. Of 28,000 osteopathic medical students nationwide, only one is elected to the AOA Board.
Houldsworth, Russo & Co. staff accountant Margaret Ruebush earned the CPA designation. The firm also hired Adam Birkman as a staff accountant, specializing in audit.
Hamptons is open at 440 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 180, Las Vegas. The restaurant is owned by the Wild Thyme Restaurant Group. Chef Jay Bogsinske is directory of culinary.
Dignity Health and Select Medical are building a 60-bed medical rehabilitation hospital. Brasfield & Gorrie is the general contractor.
A Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican Neighborhood Hospital opened at 4855 Blue Diamond Road.
At Home opened its first Nevada location at 10405 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson.
MGM Resorts International launched a military and veterans program. Conceptualized and developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides special recognition, offers, discounts and benefits at MGM Resorts destinations to military members, veterans and spouses.
Jim Marsh Body Shop is certified by Assured Performance, a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization.
• • •
The Las Vegas City Council assigned the following people to the listed boards and commissions:
• Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman: Commission for the Las Vegas Centennial, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance, Nellis Civilian Military Council, Clark County Regional Flood Control District, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada and Regional Rapid Transit Authority Advisory Committee.
• Mayor Pro Tem Lois Tarkanian: Clark County Regional Flood Control District, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada and Las Vegas Springs Preserve.
• Ward 5 Councilman Ricki Y. Barlow: Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, Commission for the Las Vegas Centennial, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs, Nevada League of Cities, Southern Nevada Enterprise Community Board, Southern Nevada Health District, Southern Nevada Regional Las Vegas Housing Authority and Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Commission.
• Ward 4 Councilman Stavros S. Anthony: Las Vegas Audit Oversight Committee, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs, Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition (alternate) and Southern Nevada Water Authority (alternate).
• Ward 3 Councilman Bob Coffin: Las Vegas Audit Oversight Committee, Commission for the Las Vegas Centennial, Southern Nevada Health District, Southern Nevada Water Authority and Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Commission.
• Ward 2 Councilman Steven G. Seroka: Clark County Regional Debt Management Commission, Nellis Civilian Military Council (alternate) and Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition.
• Ward 6 Councilwoman Michele Fiore: Workforce Development (Chief Local Elected Officials Consortium), Oversight Panel for School Facilities, Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition and Southern Nevada Health District (alternate).