The Clark County Medical Society installed its 2017-18 executive board of trustees: Dr. Joseph Adashek, president; Dr. Souzan El-Eid, immediate past president; Dr. Jeffery Roth, president-elect; Dr. Daniel Burkhead, secretary; Dr. Deborah Kuhls, treasurer; Dr. Jerry Reeves, delegate chair.
North Las Vegas-based paramedic Christopher Dobson is among just 100 ambulance workers honored nationally by the AAA with the “Star of Life” award. The MedicWest employee was recognized for his role in saving two people in a crash in February.
Mike Yoder is the bowling center manager at Mesquite Gaming’s Virgin River Hotel.
Dr. Stephani Christensen is an oncologist-hematologist with Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada.
The Public Education Foundation added five members to its board of directors: Daniel Book, market manager of Sam’s Club; Katie Fine, director of guest relations for El Cortez; Susan Fisher, vice president of government affairs & advocacy group for McDonald Carano; David Goldstein, director of business development for GeoTek; and Mike Jewell, director of network services operations for CenturyLink in the Las Vegas market.
Ramon Abueg is the chief operating officer and Gary Zheng is the executive chief planning officer of the Valley Electric Association.
Dr. Ranjit Jain is a urologist at Urology Specialists of Nevada.
Drs. Randy Calegari and Deepa Mocherla specialize in oncology at Nevada Cancer Specialists, 4750 W. Oakey Blvd. and 6190 S. Fort Apache Road.
Jody Ghanem is development director at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.
Jack Woodcock was named the 91st recipient of the National Association of Realtors Distinguished Service Award. The award is considered the highest honor an NAR member can receive.
Paulo Chavez is director of operations, Las Vegas, for Anthony & Sylvan Pools.
Bruce Logan is the creative director, Chris Smith is a copy writer and producer, and Cathy Vo is a public relations account executive at B&P Advertising, Media and Public Relations.
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada recognized sixth-grader Jose Trejo and seventh-grader Emilee Chang, both of Cashman Middle School, as the top two winners of the 10th annual Anti-Graffiti Art Contest. Their artwork will be displayed on the outside of RTC Paratransit vehicles and will travel Las Vegas Valley streets for up to one year.
Larry Scott is the chief operating officer at Three Square Food Bank.
Bar Sake is open at the Westgate. Cocktails were designed by Eddie Perales, general manager of beverage. The menu was designed by chef Masa Shiga.
Caesars Entertainment Corp. launched a $90 million renovation of 1,270 rooms at the Flamingo Las Vegas. The new rooms were designed by Forrest Perkins.
• • •
Concierge Choice Awards
The Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association recognized local businesses:
• Best Acrobatic Show: “Le Reve”
• Best Headliner: Jennifer Lopez — “All I Have”
• Best Nightclub: XS
• Best Ground Transportation: AWG
• Best Ground Tour: Pink Jeep
• Best Driving Experience: Exotics Racing
• Best Happy Hour: Table 10
• Best Business Meeting Host: Palazzo Theatre
• Best Steakhouse: SW Steakhouse
• Best Asian Restaurant: Tao
• Best Tourist Attraction: Bellagio Fountains
• Best Spa: Encore Spa
• Best Exhibit/Museum: The Mob Museum
• Best Non-Acrobatic Show: “Baz! Star-Crossed Love”
• Best Comedic Act: Carrot Top
• Best Dayclub/Pool Party: Encore Beach Club
• Best Air Tour Company: Maverick Helicopters
• Best Gun Range: Machine Gun Vegas
• Best New Restaurant: Beauty & Essex
• Best Off Strip Restaurant: Echo & Rig
• Best Non-Buffet Brunch: Jazz Brunch at The Country Club at Wynn
• Best Seafood: Costa di Mare
• Best Italian Restaurant: Sinatra
• Best French Restaurant: Joel Robuchon
• Best Golf Course: Bali Hai