LISTING SPONSORED BY: MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
Clark County Law Foundation
- 725 S. Eighth St., Suite 200
- Las Vegas, NV 89101
- E-mail: [email protected]
Dedicated to providing community service and law-related education programs throughout Southern Nevada.
The goal of the program is to reduce the number of individuals from entering the juvenile system. This program gives at-risk juveniles hands-on experience within the legal system and allows youth charged with misdemeanors to be tried, represented, and sentenced by their peers — other teens. The program provides services that empower young people to succeed in school and life by giving non-violent juvenile offenders a second chance (a juvenile’s record will only reflect a referral to the peer court); reducing recidivism rates and problem behaviors among at risk school-age children; and providing a community-based civic and legal education to Clark County students.
2017 Community Champions Gala
Clark County Law Foundation will host its first annual gala, “Community Champions.” The gala is the foundation’s signature fundraising activity honoring champions in the community and highlights our community programs and project achievements.
The gala is held each spring and please visit our website for the latest information and sponsorship opportunities.
Make a Difference in a Young Person’s Life. See below our list of volunteer opportunities:
The Trial By Peers (TBP) program relies heavily on the support of its teen and adult volunteers. Volunteers are the back bone of this program and we strive to make it a rewarding experience for all our volunteers.
- Judicial Officers: Preside over Trial by Peers teen court hearings.
- Licensed attorneys: Attorneys work closely with the student counselors in teen court giving them guidance throughout each case while ensuring a competent hearing and understanding of the justice process.
- Professionals: Share a special talent or skill with our teen participants. Assist or direct workshops ranging from engaging in the arts, life skills, career planning etc..
- Youth (ages 12-18) volunteers: To serve on our teen juries and/or train to be a teen court attorney.
- Summer Law Intern Program: For first/second year college students who want to impact lives and create systemic change in the community through law and are interested in learning more about a career in law and nonprofit operations.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, please contact Sheetal Survase at 702-333-8277.
This year, CCLF’s Trial by Peers program celebrates 23 years in the community. To continue to provide services at no cost to all participants, community members can donate by visiting the CCLF website.
CCLF service area includes the Clark County community. This year, the TBP Summer Peer Counselor Course participants consisted of 52 students from 31 different area schools. Participants cases are heard at the Regional Justice Center, Family Courts and North Las Vegas Municipal Court.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Karl L. Nielson, Esq.
Smith Larsen & Wixom
City National Bank
Patrick Orme, Esq.
Boyack Orme & Taylor
Carter Investment Services, LLC