LISTING SPONSORED BY: COX BUSINESS
The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada Inc
- 401 S. Maryland Pkwy
- Las Vegas, NV 89101
- E-mail: [email protected]
The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada (The Center), a community-based organization, supports and promotes activities directed at furthering the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community, its allies, and low to moderate income residents in Southern Nevada.
Our goal is to empower our community with integrity and compassion by offering a variety of programs and services to improve the overall well-being of the LGBTQ community and our allies. We strive to achieve our goals by responding to the needs of the community, leveraging resources including our talented and dedicated volunteers and funders; and forming strong and meaningful partnerships with other organizations.
Honorarium: The Center’s 22nd annual Gala will be Oct. 8 at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan. We will honor the Corporation of the Year, Person of the Year and Allies of the Year. Sponsorship opportunities and tickets are now available. All proceeds go directly to The Center to continue offering programming and services for those in need.
- Information & Referral Desk Volunteers: Our volunteer-run front desk welcomes people to The Center and helps connect them with Center programs and referrals to outside assistance.
- Events: The Center hosts several community and fundraising events throughout the year that require additional volunteer assistance with staffing and planning.
- Instructors: The Center looks for experts to present engaging workshops — either one time or as a series — that span the gamut from life skills to leisure-time activities.
- Group Volunteering: The Center offers fun team-building opportunities for groups of any size. Whether you want to volunteer with friends or coworkers, The Center can find a project for you.
- $12,000 can fund much of the cost to run our ACT III daily drop-in programming for LGBTQ seniors for 12 months.
- $1600 can cover the expense of charter van rentals to transport our QVolution youth to three offsite events and activities.
- $500 will allow us to buy undergarments and chest binders to offer as part of our Switch transgender clothing swap.
- $150 can purchase food for two Allies and Men for Prevention (AMP) group outreach events.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community, its allies, and low to moderate income residents in Southern Nevada.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mary F. Chapman