LISTING SPONSORED BY: STITCHED
Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
- 3711 E Sunset Rd
- Las Vegas, NV 89120
- E-mail: [email protected]
Jeffrey R. Gordon
The mission of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation (NVCCF) is to provide social, emotional, educational, financial and psychological support services and programs to families of ALL children diagnosed with life threatening or critical illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, sickle cell, renal, blood, and immunologic diseases, and to provide healing arts and support programs to adults touched by cancer.
There is nothing more frightening or tragic than a diagnosis of cancer. For many patients and their families, life changes as they know it and the world seems to stop. Cancer can crush the human spirit however, with over 40 programs and services at no cost to patients, Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation helps to lift that spirit and bring hope and support to each person who walks through its doors.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for critically ill children and adults in our community who fight a daily battle against cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We work to fill the voids that exist in services and support for diagnosed children and adults in our community.
Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation is not affiliated with any national organization and therefore relies heavily on our community to support diagnosed children and adults living in our community. Donations to Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation can be designated in many ways including event attendance, sponsorships, estate plans and more:
- Project A.R.K. (Aids & Resources for Kids): Provides emergency funding, counseling, emotional, education, and over 20 support services for critically ill children, their siblings and caregivers
- The Caring Place Program: Offers over 20 healing arts, wellness, and support services and programs for adults diagnosed with cancer, their caregivers, and their school age children
- Camp Cartwheel: Sponsor and send a child for a cost-free summer camp experience for diagnosed children, their siblings, and children of adults diagnosed with cancer
- ORION Grant Fund: Provides basic living needs for adults in cancer treatment and in financial crisis
- Holiday Adopt-A-Family: Provides a holiday experience for diagnosed children and their families
- Annual Profiles of Courage Gala: Event proceeds fund over 40 services and programs and honors children and adults of courage, medical professionals, volunteers, and donors who have supported those during their fight against disease
- Champions Run for Life: 5k and 1-mile fun run supports pediatric services and highlights and honors children who fight a daily battle against disease with a celebratory victor lap
- Trivia Night Challenge: Biannual trivia night activity provides support for pediatric services
- PINK TEE at Southern Highlands: Golf, shopping and social event at Southern Highlands Golf Club provides basic living needs for breast cancer patients in treatment
Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation has several volunteer opportunities for all ages at fundraising events, special programs, Camp Cartwheel summer camp, tutors for education, and more. If you are interested in helping, please contact [email protected]. or call 702-735-8434.
There are many opportunities to give to Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. We accept monetary donations to fund the basic living needs of patients and their families as well as donations of gas and grocery gift cards, school backpacks, school supplies, non-perishable food items, toys for children and teens, and more. Please call Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation at 702-735-8434 or donate at www.nvccf.org.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman of the Board - Direct Compounding
Secretary - Twin Medical Professional Services
Treasurer - Mutual of Omaha Bank
PENTA Building Group
Perini Building Group
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
DC Building Group
Fusch Commercial Interiors & Design
Marquis Aurbach Coffing
MGM Resorts Intl.
Orgill Singer Insurance
Global Key Advisors