Chris Kudialis started at the Las Vegas Sun in 2015 after a year with the Las Vegas Review-Journal. A graduate of the University of Michigan, Chris speaks three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) and has written articles for the Los Angeles Times, Charlotte Observer, Houston Chronicle, Detroit Free Press and Brazil's Rio Times, among other metropolitan dailies. He was an international news intern at Mundo Cristiano in Madrid, Spain, and covered the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Before journalism, Chris worked as a translator and interpreter.
- Las Vegas-based Essence marijuana operation selling for $290 million
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018
- Owners of Las Vegas’ largest marijuana dispensary and cultivation operation announced today they are selling the business for $290 million. Armen Yemenidjian ...
- Marijuana advocate sees Sessions’ ouster as a plus
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018
- With Nevada’s marijuana industry flourishing, one of its greatest threats was eliminated this week when President Donald Trump forced the resignation of U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions after nearly two years on the job, a leading Las Vegas pot advocate said. It is hoped that Matthew G. Whitaker, a former football player for the University of Iowa and Sessions’ chief of staff since October 2017, will take a more progressive stance on ...
- Runners wed, memorialize loved ones during Las Vegas marathon festivities
- Monday, Nov. 12, 2018
- More than 100 couples participated in the event’s “run-thru weddings,” a roped-off area on the north end of the Strip where runners of the half and full marathons who applied in advance had their vows read and were issued ...
- 'Our Super Bowl': Marathon organizers relish return to Las Vegas Strip
- Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018
- More than 40,000 runners, representing all 50 states and 86 countries, will take to Las Vegas Boulevard today ...
- Police: 2 more arrested in mistaken shooting of girl, 11, in North Las Vegas
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
- North Las Vegas Police say they have arrested all but one suspect in the gang-motivated, mistaken shooting death of an 11-year-old girl earlier this month. Police announced today ...
- Lee, Horsford win as 3 of 4 Nevada House seats go Democrat
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018
- Two of Nevada’s four congressional districts were expected to be won by thin margins Tuesday night, while it was assumed the other two races would be blowouts. It turned out all four races were ...
- Finishing touches for Planet 13 as mega-dispensary set to open
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018
- Tractors and commercial trucks moved their way through a crowded marijuana dispensary parking lot Monday just three days before the superstore was set to open to the public. Planet 13’s new 40,000-square-foot facility — located on West Desert Inn Road near Sammy Davis Jr. Drive — features a massive 16,500-square-foot mega-dispensary, a lobby that ...
- Las Vegas pot advocacy group urges U.S. to follow Canada’s legalization lead
- Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018
- A mega marijuana bud prop dropped in Toronto Wednesday morning as a symbolic start to federal recreational marijuana legalization in Canada. In other parts of the country, eager weed buyers lined up by the hundreds outside the now-legal pot stores to ...
- Culinary workers urge protection for immigrants under federal programs
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018
- With the future of immigrants under two federal relief programs in limbo, about 200 union workers in Las Vegas met today with Democratic political candidates and federal lawmakers, urging them to ...
- Marijuana advocates want changes to Nevada employment, DUI laws
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018
- Marijuana advocates want to see Nevada laws changed to prevent employers from firing workers for smoking pot and to raise the amount of ...