Library Services & Reprint Permissions
Rebecca is the library services specialist for the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. In addition to archiving stories and images, conducting research and providing content, she handles licensing and reprint requests from the public and is the liaison between the newsroom and professional journalism organizations. Prior to joining the Sun in 1999 she was a legal librarian in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Technovation CEO: "Fail fast, learn from your mistakes, and move on"
- Monday, July 15, 2019
- Peg McGregor is CEO of Technovation Solutions, which acts as both technology consultants and brokers for new technologies coming to the market.
- Difficult upbringing shaped the businessman that painting CEO would become
- Monday, July 8, 2019
- Cory Summerhays cringes when people refer to him as “boss.” The founder and CEO of a painting empire that include Unforgettable Coatings, Final Touch Painting and Blue APE Painting, Summerhays likes to introduce himself as a partner.
- Entrepreneur's advice: Be confident in yourself and never stop moving toward your goal
- Monday, July 1, 2019
- Elena Ledoux never planned on becoming an entrepreneur, let alone a serial one. Growing up in the Soviet Union, she led what she calls a sheltered, snow-globe childhood. She immigrated to the United States, became an attorney and practiced law in Hawaii for 11 years before leaving the profession to raise her family.
- 'Fashion is for everyone,' says Las Vegas designer
- Monday, June 24, 2019
- Rene’ Tyler Plus Sizes 12 & Above is a small, boutique operation of just four employees, but it is becoming a major name in fashion.
- Funeral home's owners say personal touch sets them apart
- Monday, June 17, 2019
- For Wendy Kraft and Laura Sussman, it is an honor to care for the deceased. Both were part of the Jewish burial society, or chevra kadisha, and say it was a fulfilling, spiritual experience.
- Preparing kids for the future by making STEM subjects fun
- Monday, June 10, 2019
- Leo and Elise Silva are both the oldest children in large families, so they have always been involved in teaching children. So when they were looking to start their own business and discovered Engineering for Kids, it seemed like a perfect match for them.
- Restaurant owner aims for authenticity, joy in family-oriented business
- Monday, June 3, 2019
- “This is not a restaurant, it is a love story — of family, food, culture, history, humanity, art, expression and cuisine shared via recipes full of authenticity and joy,” says Vanessa Barreat, owner of Pico De Gallo.
- Roseman University physician doing the work to improve access to health care
- Monday, May 27, 2019
- In October, the Valley Health System was accredited for a family medicine residency program, and in July, its first two 10 residents will begin their training in it as the state works toward reducing the shortage of primary care physicians serving Nevada’s growing population. Dr. Christine Quartuccio-Carran, an assistant professor at Roseman University of Medicine, is the associate program director.
- Owner of farmers markets stresses transparency, quality
- Monday, May 20, 2019
- Carrie Hogan launched her farmers markets nine years ago, after seeing the movie “Food Inc.” She says the documentary film changed her perspective on the food industry. With Hogan’s professional acumen as an event planner, Fresh52 Farmers’ & Artisan Markets have thrived in Southern Nevada ...
- Fashion designer says clothes can go from day to nightlight
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- We’ve all seen pictures of fascinating outfits at Burning Man or the Electric Daisy Carnival and wondered where they came from and whether we could pull off the look. But most of us shrug it off as impractical purchase. We are the customers Ronnie Brust wants to reach.
- The Palms, popular among playboys and performers, celebrates 10 years
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011
- During its 10 years of existence, the Palms has managed to pull off a most unlikely stunt -- becoming a Hollywood hangout and a locals favorite. Hipsters ...