Library Services & Reprint Permissions
Rebecca is the library services specialist for the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. In addition to archiving stories and images, conducting research and providing content, she handles licensing and reprint requests from the public and is the liaison between the newsroom and professional journalism organizations. Prior to joining the Sun in 1999 she was a legal librarian in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Credit union CEO has passion for teaching financial literacy
- Monday, Feb. 1, 2021
- Scott Arkills, president and CEO of Silver State Schools Credit Union, speaks passionately about improving people’s lives through teaching financial literacy. “It’s incredibly important to me,” he says, “and something I have dedicated myself to.”
- Hair removal entrepreneur wants to elevate her entire industry
- Monday, Jan. 25, 2021
- Nicole Maldonado believes in living an organic and natural lifestyle, and she has applied that belief to her business, the hair removal service Be Sugared.
- Director of aviation: Visitors’ safety is top priority for successful tourist destinations
- Monday, Jan. 18, 2021
- For Rosemary Vassiliadis, it’s important that people visiting Las Vegas understand that life in Southern Nevada isn’t just the Strip.
- Cybersecurity boss's prediction: Working from home is here to stay
- Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- Stephanie Benoit-Kurtz, director of cybersecurity at Station Casinos, started working in IT when she was still a high school student in Las Vegas. She’s passionate about seeing the community thrive through the educational advancement of fellow locals.
- World-class pastry chef has carved her niche in Las Vegas culinary scene
- Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Sonia El-Nawal has worked for some of the most accomplished chefs at some of the most distinguished restaurants in the world. In Las Vegas, she launched Rooster Boy Cafe, branded after her Rooster Boy Granola, which was built on El-Nawal’s philosophy of “taste something happy.”
- Cheese expert: "When you find the thing you love, you’ll take the time to nurture it'
- Monday, Dec. 21, 2020
- Diana Brier, a Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator and local business owner, talks about her journey from financial analytics to cheesemonger extraordinaire, and shares tips on creating a perfect holiday cheese platter.
- Realtor expects huge spring for Las Vegas housing market
- Monday, Dec. 14, 2020
- “The real estate market is being supported by the low rates for financing,” says Sam Coleman, owner of Hoops to Homes.
- CrossFit gym owner: 'It’s the supportive, like-minded community that creates the magic'
- Monday, Dec. 7, 2020
- Nick McCombs never has to look far for motivation: He just looks around his gym. Branded One CrossFit, a nonprofit that provides free memberships to disabled servicemen and women, aims to empower veterans through physical exercise and a supportive community.
- Young restaurateur: Competing in culinary world takes passion, perseverance
- Monday, Nov. 30, 2020
- Van-Alan Nguyen began his journey in the culinary industry as a 16-year-old cashier at In-N-Out Burger. Today, he co-owns one restaurant, 595 Craft and Kitchen (as well as the affiliated Arts District Kitchen inside the Able Brewing Company in downtown Las Vegas), and is preparing to open another, Street Burger.
- Flight school owner: Business is a roller coaster, so don't jump off
- Monday, Nov. 23, 2020
- Paul Sallach’s parents and grandparents wanted him to be a third-generation pastor, but his vision for his future had a bird’s-eye view.