Editorial Page Editor
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Former regents chair disapproved of Page's behavior toward UNLV
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019
- For the first time, an overseer of the state’s higher education system has indicated that Nevada Regent Kevin Page acted inappropriately in 2015 when he pressed UNLV to give special treatment to one of his relatives. Rick Trachok, who has served twice as the board’s chair since becoming a regent in 2011, said in an email that ...
- Sources say Page violated regents ethics policy in strong-arming UNLV
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- Before Nevada Regent Kevin Page tried to pressure UNLV into giving special treatment to one of his family members in 2015, the Board of Regents had adopted ethics standards specifically prohibiting ...
- Analysis: Was threat against UNLV part of a power play by regents?
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Recently, it was revealed that Nevada Regent Kevin Page threatened UNLV officials with retaliation in 2015 if they didn't give special treatment to one of his relatives who was a student at the time. Now, the campus community wonders if the threat led to ...
- Analysis: Venomous politics once again surround ESAs in Nevada
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Nevada’s Education Savings Accounts were born and reared amid heated political rancor, and on Monday it appeared the controversial voucher-type program was ...
- State Democrats' 'to-do' list will spur big changes. But how big?
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
- In past sessions of the Nevada Legislature, the Democrats’ “Nevada Blueprint” could have been described as a wish list. Not this year. With Democrats in control of the governor’s office and both chambers of the Legislature, the blueprint — a collection of the party’s goals and ...
- Brookings expert: Light rail would be an antidote to sprawl, LA-like commutes
- Friday, Feb. 8, 2019
- For Southern Nevada residents who may be on the fence about whether to support development of light rail, the Brookings Institution’s Adie Tomer offered some compelling food for thought during a visit to UNLV …
- Mayor: NLV thriving, 2 new wings on way to Nellis
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019
- North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee’s annual State of the City address on Tuesday included many of the usual elements of such a speech — a rundown of private and public ...
- Another bubble? Experts assess housing market and more
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
- Business people from across the Las Vegas valley gathered at UNLV today to see a snapshot of the Southern Nevada economy and hear experts offer outlooks on the region’s future. The Las Vegas ...
- 5 things to know about Mecum's second Las Vegas car auction
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- Local residents who’d like to get beyond their TV screen and into the immersive experience can do so this week when Mecum holds its second car sale in Las Vegas ...
- Analysis: Expert cautions against current plan for UNLV med school
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- A two-phase plan to build out the UNLV Medical School was created as a way to move the school forward, but it could become a major setback that turns off donors and results in ...