Editorial Page Editor
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Quiz: Trump's exercise regimen, Tark's tweet and a jackpot at Cosmo
- Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
- The government shutdown and ongoing fallout from President Donald Trump’s profane comment about Haiti and some African countries were among this week’s leading news issues. Here’s a quiz about ...
- Mayor Lee, ever bullish on NLV's future, sidesteps issue of staff turmoil
- Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
- During his State of the City address Thursday, North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee told a story that involved plumbing, a shovel and an F-word that gets tossed around these days ...
- Smart city technology aims to make communities more secure, but does it encroach on privacy?
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
- For years, Las Vegas has been quietly preparing to take advantage of technological advancements. And now, city leaders expect its patience and diligence to pay off as systems are developed to make living in cities safer and more convenient, because Las Vegas’ infrastructure ...
- Quiz: Golden Knights flap, record rainfall and Trump's 'Call of Duty' shoutout
- Friday, Jan. 12, 2018
- Oprah Winfrey’s speech at the Golden Globe Awards and ongoing questions about Donald Trump’s grasp of policies dominated the news this week. Here’s a quiz to test your knowledge ...
- Phase Two of convention center expansion to begin, clear way to attract more trade shows
- Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018
- For years, convention organizers have been asking for more out of the Las Vegas Convention Center. More exhibition space. More meeting rooms. More ...
- 50 years of facts and fiction: A look back at Evel Knievel's jump at Caesars
- Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017
- Fifty years ago this week, in Las Vegas, daredevil Evel Knievel made the jump that would put him on a path to international fame. But since then, some stories about ...
- News quiz: How much do you know about taxes and Obamacare?
- Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017
- The Republicans’ tax overhaul legislation and the government shutdown were among this week’s major news stories. How much do you know about what happened this week? Here’s ...
- Downtown’s D-finitive personality: Derek Stevens moving full speed ahead
- Monday, Dec. 18, 2017
- Walk into the D on any given night, and odds are good that you’ll find Derek Stevens there. He’ll be the big guy at the Long Bar, possibly buying a drink for a new acquaintance and likely wearing a jacket designed to make it impossible for you to miss him. It may be a color you’d normally see on a muscle car, or maybe two-tone, or maybe with lapels as wide as the mouth of a martini glass. Stevens and his brother Greg own the D, as well as the Golden Gate, the Downtown Events Center and the property that once was home to ...
- Why technology, not new roads, could ease congestion
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
- As the Las Vegas Valley grows and traffic becomes more congested, the answer is to use technology to ease it, as opposed to laying down more roads ...
- Trump's jabs at trade deals show lack of understanding, Brookings scholar says
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017
- As an expert on trade agreements and the global economy, Dany Bahar can see the value in the Trump administration’s push to renegotiate trade pacts ...