Editorial Page Editor
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- 5 things to know about Mecum's second Las Vegas car auction
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- Local residents who’d like to get beyond their TV screen and into the immersive experience can do so this week when Mecum holds its second car sale in Las Vegas ...
- Analysis: Expert cautions against current plan for UNLV med school
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- A two-phase plan to build out the UNLV Medical School was created as a way to move the school forward, but it could become a major setback that turns off donors and results in ...
- In bid for younger customers, motorcycle makers modify their offerings
- Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The motorcycle industry’s sales are sagging as its core customers are aging out and younger generations aren’t replacing them. To reverse the slide, the industry is creating new products and changing ...
- Energy expert: ‘When people can make money fixing a problem ... the problem gets fixed’
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018
- When Samantha Gross visited UNLV in 2018, President Donald Trump had just announced that he planned to rescind the Clean Power Plan. Fast-forward a year, and Gross was back in Las Vegas on the day when António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, told global leaders that the world had less than two years to avoid “runaway climate change.”
- Q+A: Chancellor discusses UNLV president search, med school's future and more
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
- When will UNLV start looking for a new president? Will Gov. Brian Sandoval be the university's next leader? Those were among the issues Chancellor Thom Reilly discussed ...
- Loss of donations over Jessup ordeal looms over UNLV med school future
- Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018
- For all of the new plan’s support, it hasn’t fixed a major part of what’s broken about the medical school — the loss of millions of dollars in gifts from major donors ...
- Jessup urges UNLV supporters to keep rallying for the university
- Friday, June 29, 2018
- Len Jessup says his lasting memories from UNLV include a number of big-splash moments, such as celebrations of fundraising and enrollment milestones as well as the opening of the university’s medical school. But things that happened far more quietly were just as ...
- Trump protest shows political engagement is on the rise in Las Vegas
- Saturday, June 23, 2018
- When Donald Trump got elected, Sandy Huggard got off the sidelines. The lifelong Las Vegas resident, who was among several hundred people who protested Trump’s visit to the city today, said she had stepped away from political activism in recent years but became re-engaged in outrage over ...
- TEDx event at UNLV aims at opening eyes, minds
- Monday, June 11, 2018
- It’s repeated so often that it goes largely unchallenged: In economically disadvantaged communities, young people are at extreme risk of drug usage, gang activity, violent crime and unplanned pregnancies ...
- Q+A: UNLV med school dean grateful for outpouring of support
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- The turmoil surrounding UNLV President Len Jessup in recent weeks spilled directly into the university’s School of Medicine, where Dean Barbara Atkinson found herself facing uncertainty over whether she would be ...