Editorial Page Editor
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- Q+A: Chancellor discusses UNLV president search, med school's future and more
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
- When will UNLV start looking for a new president? Will Gov. Brian Sandoval be the university's next leader? Those were among the issues Chancellor Thom Reilly discussed ...
- Loss of donations over Jessup ordeal looms over UNLV med school future
- Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018
- For all of the new plan’s support, it hasn’t fixed a major part of what’s broken about the medical school — the loss of millions of dollars in gifts from major donors ...
- Jessup urges UNLV supporters to keep rallying for the university
- Friday, June 29, 2018
- Len Jessup says his lasting memories from UNLV include a number of big-splash moments, such as celebrations of fundraising and enrollment milestones as well as the opening of the university’s medical school. But things that happened far more quietly were just as ...
- Trump protest shows political engagement is on the rise in Las Vegas
- Saturday, June 23, 2018
- When Donald Trump got elected, Sandy Huggard got off the sidelines. The lifelong Las Vegas resident, who was among several hundred people who protested Trump’s visit to the city today, said she had stepped away from political activism in recent years but became re-engaged in outrage over ...
- TEDx event at UNLV aims at opening eyes, minds
- Monday, June 11, 2018
- It’s repeated so often that it goes largely unchallenged: In economically disadvantaged communities, young people are at extreme risk of drug usage, gang activity, violent crime and unplanned pregnancies ...
- Q+A: UNLV med school dean grateful for outpouring of support
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- The turmoil surrounding UNLV President Len Jessup in recent weeks spilled directly into the university’s School of Medicine, where Dean Barbara Atkinson found herself facing uncertainty over whether she would be ...
- Analysis: UNLV supporters on high alert toward NSHE, regents
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- At last Tuesday’s meeting of the UNLV Foundation, members were told that Chancellor Thom Reilly was encouraging them to speak with him about the future of ...
- Analysis: Why UNLV faculty and staff are frustrated with state leaders
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- The tone was civil and the exchanges were polite, but the crowd’s questions and comments carried an underlying message of concern about the state officials’ leadership ...
- Analysis: Stirrings on Yucca Mountain bring out foes
- Friday, April 27, 2018
- Alarmed by what they feared was movement toward easing Nevada lawmakers’ long-standing opposition to the proposed Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository ...
- UNLV medical students: ‘If we lose, nobody in the state wins’
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- Five UNLV medical students discuss what’s happening at the school, how it’s affecting them and how they feel about the situation that led to President Len Jessup ...