Editorial Page Editor
As a reporter for 20-plus years, Ric covered beats ranging from police and courts to major-college sports. He came to Greenspun Media Group from Kansas in 2011, first serving as the business editor and then managing editor before taking over editorial and advocacy operations for the Las Vegas Sun and The Sunday. He is a runner and a motorcyclist.
- State Democrats' 'to-do' list will spur big changes. But how big?
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
- In past sessions of the Nevada Legislature, the Democrats’ “Nevada Blueprint” could have been described as a wish list. Not this year. With Democrats in control of the governor’s office and both chambers of the Legislature, the blueprint — a collection of the party’s goals and ...
- Brookings expert: Light rail would be an antidote to sprawl, LA-like commutes
- Friday, Feb. 8, 2019
- For Southern Nevada residents who may be on the fence about whether to support development of light rail, the Brookings Institution’s Adie Tomer offered some compelling food for thought during a visit to UNLV …
- Mayor: NLV thriving, 2 new wings on way to Nellis
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019
- North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee’s annual State of the City address on Tuesday included many of the usual elements of such a speech — a rundown of private and public ...
- Another bubble? Experts assess housing market and more
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
- Business people from across the Las Vegas valley gathered at UNLV today to see a snapshot of the Southern Nevada economy and hear experts offer outlooks on the region’s future. The Las Vegas ...
- 5 things to know about Mecum's second Las Vegas car auction
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- Local residents who’d like to get beyond their TV screen and into the immersive experience can do so this week when Mecum holds its second car sale in Las Vegas ...
- Analysis: Expert cautions against current plan for UNLV med school
- Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- A two-phase plan to build out the UNLV Medical School was created as a way to move the school forward, but it could become a major setback that turns off donors and results in ...
- In bid for younger customers, motorcycle makers modify their offerings
- Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The motorcycle industry’s sales are sagging as its core customers are aging out and younger generations aren’t replacing them. To reverse the slide, the industry is creating new products and changing ...
- Energy expert: ‘When people can make money fixing a problem ... the problem gets fixed’
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018
- When Samantha Gross visited UNLV in 2018, President Donald Trump had just announced that he planned to rescind the Clean Power Plan. Fast-forward a year, and Gross was back in Las Vegas on the day when António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, told global leaders that the world had less than two years to avoid “runaway climate change.”
- Q+A: Chancellor discusses UNLV president search, med school's future and more
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
- When will UNLV start looking for a new president? Will Gov. Brian Sandoval be the university's next leader? Those were among the issues Chancellor Thom Reilly discussed ...
- Loss of donations over Jessup ordeal looms over UNLV med school future
- Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018
- For all of the new plan’s support, it hasn’t fixed a major part of what’s broken about the medical school — the loss of millions of dollars in gifts from major donors ...